Standard of New England is proud to be an independent supplier of pipe, valves, fittings, flanges, expansion joints, and specialty products. Owned and operated by a U.S. military veteran and his wife for over twenty-five years, we look forward to many more years of being a trusted business partner and helping our customers succeed.
TOP 5 REASONS TO WORK WITH US
We are an Independent Supplier. We are not controlled by outside stockholders, so the needs and concerns of our customers and employees always come first!
We offer Project Consultations with complex orders. We listen, answer and ask questions, research, and review, because we are serious about getting you the right product at the right price. We won’t make assumptions that can jeopardize the efficiency and integrity of your job.
Our customer-centric Order Management System gives you one professional and knowledgeable point-person who manages your order from beginning to end, so that you always have the best service available. Need documentation? Just let us know. Whatever you need, your point-person will know how to help.
Communication is key! That’s why you will not find automated phone systems, endless telephone menu mazes, nor voicemail when you call us. We provide one-on-one communication with real people because you are important and your time is valuable.
We believe in Continuous Improvement. We are always learning new things, updating our processes, sharing what we know, and wanting to hear your feedback.
A BRIEF HISTORY
John Brady, President of Standard of New England, is introduced to the marine industry by serving aboard the U.S. Coast Guard Cutters Alert, Dallas, Maui and Tamaroa.
John begins his career in the Pipe, Valves & Fittings industry.
John has the opportunity to purchase the assets of a failed business and decides to take on the challenge. Forging his own path, Standard of New England, LLC is founded.
Land is purchased and a new company headquarters is built at our current location.
Through an acquisition, our Manufacturer’s Rep Division for expansion joints is established.
The challenges of the recession and post-recession business conditions serve to strengthen our customer and vendor partnerships.
After working in the business for twelve years Julie Brady joins the company as a managing partner and owner, overseeing the HR, Marketing, and Finance functions.
Our Fusion Tools Division is established, offering tools for both rent and purchase, along with fusion training for pipefitting professionals.
COVID-19 throws us another challenge, but also gives us new opportunities to prove our worth in supporting our customers and vendors.
As a part of our continuous improvement strategy, we are always evaluating and upgrading our processes and procedures to enhance the value we provide to our customers.
MISSION AND VALUES STATEMENT
Since 1996, Standard of New England has had TWO MISSIONS:
To be a valuable source for knowledgeable information and quality products within our industry.
To be a conscientious employer providing stability, opportunity, and a supportive culture.
Standard of New England is built on THREE CORE VALUES:
Independence — Being an Independently owned small business pushes us:
- To earn our customers’ trust through honesty and hard work.
- To give every customer and their project the one-on-one attention they deserve.
- To help solve problems based upon our industry knowledge and experiences.
- To be flexible in catering to our customers’ unique needs.
Professionalism — Being Professional means that we are:
- Knowledgeable. We have historical and up-to-date knowledge of our industry’s products and their applications.
- Respectful. Our customers, their employees, their places of business, and their job sites are all treated with care and respect.
- Organized. We are careful of our customers’ time when working on quotes, orders, and projects.
- Solution-Oriented. With a collaborative and consultative sales approach, we work hard to provide the right product at the right price.
Pride in what we do — Being proud of who we are and what we do demands that we are serious about:
- Success. We keep an eye on the details that lead to success — from watching over a customer’s complex order to collaborating about technical solutions — we are proud to be contributing to the successes of our customers and their teams.
- Customer Service. We are always giving our very best and appreciate every opportunity to earn your business.
- Relationships. We never forget that business is personal. Customers, vendors and employees are all valued and respected as partners and individuals.
- Ethical Business Practices. We established a bedrock of fairness and openness on day one, and this will never change.